Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Recovery, Bedrest, Family * *UPDATED 1/16**

I was wheeled into recovery, and laid there to rest a moment until a hospital suite could be given to me for my overnight stay. As I lay there, the exhilaration begins to wear off and I'm lonely. There's no Lori in my tummy. There's no Josh at my side. And where the hell am I anyway? Panic begins to set in, and the tears begin. "Where's Josh? Where's Josh? Where's Josh? I want Josh. Josh? Josh?" When there's no answer, I really start to panic. But why should I panic? This is a hospital, right? They can't keep him from me. Besides, he's with Lori right now, and making sure she's okay. It wouldn't matter what happened to me, as long as she's okay. If no one ever came to get me, and I just slipped away into sleep and never woke up, it'd be okay because Josh was with Lori and that's all that mattered.

Just as I was settling into a resigned calm, I hear Josh calling me. And just like that, he's at my side, smiling at me. My first question, "How is she?" Not, "Am I okay?" Not, "OMG! What did they do to me?" No. My first thought was, "How is She?"

"She's beautiful, Clau. Oh my god, she's so beautiful. And big! And pink! You were wonderful," he replied, petting back my hair. "Her eyes at black, jet black, and huge. Oh, Clau, I broke down. She's just so beautiful."

And that's all that's really clear. Almost every one stopped by to visit at some point, and we've loads of pictures from the hospital going on in the slide show below.





So, that's that. We're home and everything is good.

Author's Comment, 1/16/07 00:49CDT - I called Ceci and she commented that the slide show was a little too fast to really see the pictures clearly. Here's my first attempt to slow it down. Photobucket doesn't really have a way to change the timers on their slideshows, so this was the best I could do. Sorry if it's still too fast!

No comments: