Thursday, January 17, 2008

Post Partum Kickin' His Ass **Updated 1/17/08**

Warning: Explicit Lyrics. Parent discretion is advised.


Okay, what the fuck is more important? Healing through a boss fight in Kharazan or seeing why the hell Lori fucking crying?!

Fuck, Josh! Yes, you just put her down, but caring for her at a midnight feeding is a hell of a lot more than just putting a bottle in her mouth, burping her, and putting her in bed. If she's falling asleep, you've got to fucking make sure she fucking falls asleep! If she starts to cry again, which she's fucking going to do, you've got to get your ass up out of your fucking chair and figure out why. Maybe she's too cold. Maybe she needs more burping. Maybe she's pooped and wants a fresh diaper. Maybe she's just not sleepy anymore and wants more food. It's not fucking okay to just leave her in her crib crying while you fucking heal a goddamn fucking game!

I was asleep! Finally! I only had a few naps today. I cooked your fucking dinner. I was happy to see you home. I gave her to you to cuddle and feed for her 5pm feeding, and then took her and put her down when she fell asleep. I changed her diaper afterwards. Yes, you were at work today, but that's why I asked you, at fucking 11pm, when I was going to lay down, if you didn't fucking mind watching her for a bit.

-sigh- *rub face* Let's see. Just in writing that post, I had to get up like four times. It finally took another ounce of formula and 15 minutes on me to settle her. She was COLD. Was the formula warmed, like we'd discussed?

I'm done ranting. Maybe that's all this was. Me, upset at being woken up from what was finally a restful sleep. I know you're wonderful. This wasn't me yelling cause you're not attentive. It just didn't seem like you cared at the moment. I know her crying was probably getting to you. Yeah, just a spike of emotions.... frustration, fatigue.... Sorry. I think I'm better now. I'm going to get more water, and try to express another ounce or so. Maybe it'll drain me enough to get back to sleep.

Yeah, I think I feel better.

Maybe.

Author's Afterword 1/17/08 6:22am - Yeah. Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus. And we don't have Star Trek's universal translators yet. Manspeak "I'm in the middle of a bossfight." translates into Womanspeak for "Give me one minute and I'll be right there!" Oh boy. He understood why I was pissed off in that moment. I understood why he didn't get up right away. I do the same thing. We just express it in different ways. Two expressings, a nap, two glasses of water, and a bowl of cereal later and I feel much better.

Now, if only my stitches wouldn't sting so much, I think I'll be in business. According to Kathy, the stinging means they are healing and ready to come out. According to Josh, removing them is annoying.

And now I'm getting nervous about it. I've never had staples in me before. At least, not ones that would holding something closed. Mostly, I get staples in my fingers when I'm using my stapler as a stapler-chuk and fending off the dreaded Archvillian Office Boredom. Will my belly open up and all my insides fall out?! I'm going to assume not, seeing as Ceci still has all of her insides, but the thought crossed my mind!

Additional Remarks 1/17/08 8:42am - Yeah, so she had poopy diapers. Two. In a row. I changed her, she fed for a moment, then pooped. ALOT. I put her back down to finish pooping. Sure enough, twenty minutes later, she starts fussing. Poopy diaper. I'm waiting for my third one. But until then, I think I might try to nap some. I have a doc's appointment today in 2 hours. Crap. Maybe I should get Josh up so I could shower instead.... >.<'

No comments: