Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Insert Earth Shaking Scream Here

OMG.

I finally just put her in her crib, awake, and am letting her fend for herself, instead of trying to keep her awake and entertained. I'm fucking tired as hell, and she just refuses to not cry! I cradle her, she's happy for a few mnutes, then she cries. I put her on my shoulder, she passes out so I lay her down, she wakes up and cries. I tuck her in, she wakes up and looks at me with puppy dog eyes. I bounce her gently, she cries. I sing to her, she cries. I play video games for her to look at, she cries. I put on good music, she cries.

I give up. She can lay in her crib and get ignored while I fucking get some sleep, goddammit.

1/23/08 1306: Okay, I feel better. I actually couldn't stand the sound of her crying. Broke my heart, so I took her to bed, laid her on a pillow next to me and let her snuggle. We fell asleep together, and I feel more awake and less ready to kill someone.