Thursday, October 16, 2008

Milk!

So, I get home from derby practice and Lori's still up. Dad's roaming about to get her to sleep, then stops and I hear him go, "Oh! Lori! Did you tell Momma the exciting news today?" I turn around and look over to see him walking over. "Nooooo...." I reply.

"So she was sitting on the bed after a diaper change and her bottle was made and on the changing table, right? And she looked at the bottle, looked at Gramma and I and then reached out and closed her hand into a fist several times, then fussed, stopped and repeated the whole thing over again. Gramma and I were like, wtf is she doing? until Gramma went, 'wait, isn't that the sign for milk?' and I was like, 'omg! It is!' Lori, our little 9month old Lori bug, signed Milk at us, in the right context!"

And as he was telling me the story, she was signing it and laughing, and signing momma and looked oh so proud of herself.

She's so smart!

No comments: